Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
10. Luckily, the test results show no _____ damage from the accident.
11. This is not an easy _____ to make without the benefit of numerous test results.
12. The most effective way to treat illness is to _____ it from ever occurring.
13. Gabriela did not consistently follow her doctor’s _____ and her condition did not improve.
14. Jane’s doctor asked her to _____ everything she ate for a week.
15. Public health officials are just now realizing the _____ of this disease.
Part 6 Text Completion
Welcome to the office of Dr. Shaw. The following office policies are in effect.
— Please check in with the receptionist when you arrive. If you were given a referral, please tell the receptionist the name oi the doctor who _____ (16) you.
— We recognize that sometimes you must cancel your appointment. Cancellations must be made 24 hours ahead at time or you will _____ (17) a missed appointment fee.
— Please don’t call us to find out the results of _____ (18) tests. We will call you when the results are ready.
— Effective January 1, all bills must be paid in full at the time of your visit. We accept all major credit cards.
(A) will refer
(B) did refer
(C) be assessed
(D) be assessing
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
Caring for Your Health
Your health is one of your most valuable assets, so caring for it properly is very important. Regular visits to the doctor can help prevent any health problems from becoming serious. You should visit your doctor annually if you are in good health. If you have certain health conditions or if your doctor recommends it, you may need more frequent appointments.
It is important to have a doctor you can bust. The best way to ﬁnd one is to get a recommendation from a trust-worthy person such as a friend or relative. Call to make an appointment several weeks or even a month ahead of time. When you call, you can also ask a few questions about the doctor’s background, such as which university he got his degree from and how long he has been practicing in the area. You will also want to ﬁnd out which hospital the doctor is afﬁliated with. When you arrive for your appointment, make sure you bring a copy of your medical records with you.
When you meet with the doctor, you will want to ask him what his approach to treatment is and what diagnostic tools he uses. This way you can ﬁnd out something about his skills, as well as whether or not he is a person you can talk to and feel comfortable with. Also, take a look around the ofﬁce. Is it comfortable and organized? Do the instruments look clean and well-maintained?
If your appointment goes well and you feel comfortable with the doctor, then don’t forget to make an appointment for your next physical before you leave the ofﬁce. If you have any doubts, look around for another doctor. Having a good doctor is an essential part of your health care plan.
19. Who is this article for?
(C) Hospital staff.
(D) Medical equipment salespeople.
20. How often should a healthy person visit the doctor?
(A) Once a month.
(B) Twice a month.
(C) Once a year.
(D) Twice a year.
21. What is the best way to find a good doctor?
(A) Look in the phone book.
(B) Call the hospital.
(C) Go to a university.
(D) Ask a friend.
22. The word records in the second paragraph, line 6 is closest in meaning to
23. The word instruments in the third paragraph, line 4 is closest in meaning to
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader